Discover PerformanceHP Software's community for IT leaders
Time for enterprise IT to declare defeat in the security war?
Can enterprise security win the war with cybercriminals?
Join us for this episode of Discover Performance Weekly discussing enterprise security and the war with cybercriminals. HP Software evangelist and VP of Strategic Marketing Paul Muller sits down with the following industry experts:
- Gary McGraw, CTO of Cigital, Inc.
- Jacob West, CTO for HP Enterprise Security Products
The starting point for their discussion is the Discover Performance article “Staying ahead of the cybercriminals.”
Breaking down the discussion
In this episode, you will hear the group discuss the following topics:
- The adversary as a profit center (1:00)
- The war for security talent (4:30)
- CISO in the boardroom (5:40)
- Threat Central for security intelligence and collaboration (7:40)
- HP Security Research activities (crowd-sourced intelligence) (9:25)
Interview with Gary McGraw (12:30)
- Time for security professionals to declare defeat?
- How to build security in
- What are the top software security activities?
- How important is security intelligence sharing?
The “tips of the week” our guests offer are:
Pwn2Own Contest: (http://www.pwn2own.com/) (23:00)
Book: The Cuckoo’s Egg by Clifford Stoll
Get more from Discover Performance
For more episodes of Discover Performance Weekly, covering everything from security and innovation to whether government’s role in technology is too much like “Big Brother,” check out our DP Weekly homepage.
Keep up with Discover Performance’s articles, blogs, videos, and more by signing up to get highlights direct to your inbox, twice per quarter.
Introduction to Enterprise 20/20
What will a successful enterprise look like in the future?
Challenges and opportunities for the CIO of the future.
Dev Center 20/20
How will we organize development centers for the apps that will power our enterprises?
Welcome to a new reality of split-second decisions and marketing by the numbers.
IT Operations 20/20
How can you achieve the data center of the future?
What the workforce of 2020 can expect from IT, and what IT can expect from the workforce.
Preparing today for tomorrow’s threats.
Looking toward the era when everyone — and everything — is connected.
Data Center 20/20
The innovation and revenue engine of the enterprise.